- How do I go back to the home page after entering the site?
- How do I know where I currently am in the site?
- How do I find a course?
- How do I select a course for registration?
- How do I register?
- How can I pay for courses online?
- How do I get help registering online?
- What do I do if I can’t find my Student ID number or Password?
- How do I find general information about George Brown?
- Where exactly are the campuses?
- How do I contact someone at George Brown?
- Where can I find information on the College’s policies?
- I’m having trouble viewing part of the site. What can I do?
- What is the best screen resolution to view the site?
- Who do I contact if I find a link that doesn’t work or if I want to give feedback on the site design?
How do I go back to the home page after entering the site?
How do I know where I currently am in the site?
How do I find a course?There are three ways to find a course:
How do I select a course for registration?There are two ways to register for a course:
- Select “REGISTER now” on the course description page as shown below.
Speaking with Confidence I --- Course name
GHUM 1114 --- Course code
Learn the basics of speech design and presentation. Start with short impromptu introductions and speeches for special occasions, and build to demonstrations and information speeches of greater complexity. --- Course description
Equivalent: GHUM 1025 --- Many Continuing Education courses are credits toward full-time George Brown College programs. The course code indicated is the one used by the post-secondary program.
Fee: $260.00, text costs extra --- Fees applied to the course
Hours: 42 --- Number of class hours
CRNDate Day Time LocationStatus F10251 08Sep08 - 15Dec08 M 6:30-9:30pm SJREGISTER now F10252 11Sep08 - 11Dec08 Th 6:30-9:30pm SJJoin the WAIT LIST W45163 12Jan09 - 20Apr09 M 6:30-9:30pm SJCLOSED
CRN: Course Reference Number – a particular session for the selected course
Date: The start and end dates of the course
Day: The days of the week for classes (M, Tu, W, Th, F, Sa, Su)
Location: The campus at which class will be held:
SJ - St. James; CL - Casa Loma;
HT - Hospitality and Tourism Building;
OF - Off-site
Status: REGISTER now: Spaces are available in that course.
Join the WAIT LIST: No spaces are available, but a waiting list is in place.
CLOSED: There are no spaces available, and there is no waiting list.
How do I register online?The online registration process has five steps:
- Step 1: Select course(s).
- Step 2: Provide student information (mandatory).
- Step 3: Determine the method of payment, and verify it.
- Step 4: Summary. You have two options at this step – either to make changes or to go ahead with the transaction.
- Step 5: Confirmation. This final step gives you a summary of what has been entered, the payment made, etc. You should print this final step for your records.
How can I pay for courses online?The only form of payment available for web registration is that of a credit card (Visa, MasterCard or AMEX).
For other registration methods, see How to Register.
How do I get help registering online?Help is available at 416-415-2000 or 1-800-265-2002 from 8 am to 6:30 pm Monday to Thursday, and from 8 am to 4:30 pm on Friday (until 3:30 pm on the Friday before a holiday weekend).
What do I do if I can’t find my Student ID number or Password?Just call 416-415-2000 or 1-800-265-2002 for assistance.
How do I find general information about George Brown?The Info button on the menu bar of every page links to general information about Continuing Education at the College. As well, the George Brown College logo at the right of the menu bar is a link to the College’s home page, which includes a search engine.
Where exactly are the campuses?In the Info section, there is a link to maps giving directions to the campuses, along with their locations. This can also be accessed by clicking on the location at the course level.
How do I contact someone at George Brown?General contact information and corresponding addresses (including e-mail addresses) are located in the General Information Contacts section under Contact Us. The contact information for each course is listed on its course page, on program pages and under Continuing Education Contacts.
Where can I find information on the College’s policies?Information on the academic policies can be found as a link in the Info section. Information relating to cancellations, plagiarism, refunds, transfers and withdrawals can be found at this location as well.
What is the best screen resolution to view the site?The site is made for the screen size 800 x 600 but can also be viewed at any other higher resolutions as well.
Who do I contact if I find a link that doesn’t work or if I want to give feedback on the site design?E-mail us at email@example.com and we will try to make your next visit to the site even better. Please first try hitting “refresh” within your browser to make sure that you are seeing the latest information and images on the site.